5 Easy Tips to help you Choose a Wedding Caterer
If you are planning a wedding, it is natural to want to provide your friends and family with delicious fare made from high quality ingredients, and this can make choosing a caterer quite overwhelming! One of the most common questions we get from brides and grooms is: What should I be looking for in a wedding caterer?
In order to help you in your selection process, we here at Thistle Catering Services have compiled a list of handy tips that will help you choose the best wedding caterer for your special day.
- More than anything, taste matters! Any caterer can craft a delicious sounding menu, but does the taste of that food match your expectations? Ensure you sample the proposed menu widely.
- What cuisine do they specialise in? Are you keen on the idea of Vietnamese French fusion? A modern take on Scottish classics? Italian sharing platters? If you are sold on one type of food, choose a caterer who specialises in this cuisine in order to avoid disappointment.
- Customer service – Is your contact point polite and friendly? Do they get back to you promptly? Do they seem organised and professional? If you answered “No” to any of these questions, avoid booking with this catering company in favour of one who will provide you with excellent customer service.
- Availability – You may have a venue booked and a date picked out already – if your caterer is already booked up, you may need to seek a new company or even see if you can switch your dates.
- Check their reviews – Word of mouth and personal recommendations are always best, but it is imperative that you check reviews. Your caterer should be able to provide you with testimonials, and of course you can always look online (although, be wary of reliability).